October 4, 2016 – Naples Daily News, via AP
The city of Orlando says 232 emergency calls made inside the Pulse nightclub record a killing or the moments before or after a killing, and shouldn’t be released to the public.
The city said in a court filing last week that the sounds of gunfire and suffering can be heard on recordings.
The city and two dozen media groups have been fighting over the release of more than 600 911 calls dealing with one of the worst mass shooting in modern U.S. history.
The city made public around two-thirds of the calls.
The June massacre left 49 people dead. Gunman Omar Mateen was killed by SWAT team members. [READ MORE]