The First Amendment Foundation and the Poynter Institute are excited to invite you to our 2016 Florida Sunshine Certificate programs. Each Sunshine program combines the best of the Foundation’s open government and ethics training–updated for 2016–with the flexibility of online learning.
Programs are available for:
- Florida Public Officers and Staff, meeting the open government and ethics training required under Section 112.3142, F.S.
- Florida Attorneys, for 14.5 CLEs, including 5 ethics hours
- Journalists and Citizens, a series of three courses on ethics, open meetings and public records
Why wait? Get the training you need today!
Each Sunshine program lets you learn on your own schedule. Your enrollment allows you unlimited access to the online courses. The public officials and attorneys programs also include assessments so you can earn your certificate or CLEs.
Why this training matters
The First Amendment Foundation annually tracks all changes to the Florida Sunshine Laws. This year, the Foundation and Poynter have created a unique online program that provides up-to-date training for all public officials, government employees, attorneys, journalists and residents throughout Florida. Get your training from the Sunshine State’s Sunshine Law experts.
Who will benefit?
- The Sunshine Certificate for Florida Public Officers and Staff is designed to meet the open government training requirement under Section 112.3142, F.S. for all constitutional officers and elected municipal officers.
- The Sunshine Certificate for Florida Attorneys is approved by the Florida Bar for 14.5 CLEs, including 5 ethics hours.
- Sunshine Laws for Journalists and Citizens, a package of three courses on open meetings, public records and ethics, is for anyone who wants to learn the ins and outs of Florida’s Sunshine Laws.
- The Sunshine Certificate for Public Officials is available for only $84.95 per person.
- The Sunshine Certificate for Florida Attorneys is available for only $149.95 per person.
- The Sunshine Training Package for Journalists and Citizens is available for $29.95 per course, or $75 for all three courses.
Please Note: Group pricing is available. If you would like to purchase a block of seats for your office or organization, please contact us at email@example.com.
Go to the Sunshine Certificate Program or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.